Minimum Entry Qualifications for Bachelor of Engineering Courses.
Like for ordinary Diploma, Candidates can join Bachelor of Engineering Programes through direct and indirect entry schemes.
- Direct Entry Scheme.
In order to qualify under direct entry scheme a candidate must meet the following qualifications/conditions.
- Possession of FTC Certificate with an average passes of Grade C or above in the respective field.
- Possessions of Ordinary Diploma Certificate (NTA Level 6) with average of minimum pass of C grade
- Indirect Entry Scheme
i. Access Course ( Pre –entry Course)
Candidates who do not meet the minimum requirements for direct entry, may be selected to join Mbeya Institute of Science and Technology (MIST) after attending and passing access course conducted for ten weeks.
Holder of Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education (ACSEE) in the combination of PCM, PCB, EGM and PGM may be selected to join Mbeya University of Science and Technology (MUST) after attending and passing the Bridging Course conducted for 34 weeks. Selected Candidates must have at least two principal levels of passes.
Candidates may join Ordinary Diploma Programmes through direct entry scheme and indirect entry scheme.
- Direct entry schemes.
In order to qualify for admissions under this scheme a candidate must meet the following conditions:
Must be a holder of Certificate of Secondary Education (CS) with a minimum pass of C grade in three of the following subjects. Mathematics, Physics/ Engineering Science and Chemistry.
- Indirect entry scheme
Mature age entrants may be admitted after sitting for and passing a special entrance examination.
In order to qualify for the examination a candidate must meet the following qualification:-
- Must be a holder of a certificate of secondary educations or a General Course in Engineering (GCE) with passes in Mathematics and Physics/Engineering Science.
- Possession of the technical qualifications from a recognized college/institution will be an added advantage.
Ordinary Access Course (Pre-entry access course)
- The programme targets all candidates who do not qualify under direct entry scheme to qualify for admission.
- Candidates undergo upgrading access course for ten weeks.
- Subjects covered are mathematics, Physics, Communication skills, Mechanics, Technical Drawing and Computer Applications.
- At the end of the course candidates sits for qualifying examinations. Candidates who score 50% or above in all subjects will be qualified for admission.
- Government sponsorship will be limited to female Candidates with good passes in the pre entry access course. Other successful candidates will be required to pay fees or arrange for fees payments from the third part sources.
Entry requirements for Ordinary Access Course
- Certificate of Secondary Education with minimum D grade in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry or
- National Vocational Awards (NVA) or Trade test from recognized Vocational Training Centers with certificate of secondary education.
- Basic Access Course ( Pre-entry Course )
Basic Access Course is for candidates who do not successes in the ordinary Access Course